I am managing a position for a private chef to work in for a family in their Chalet in Haute-Nendaz, Switzerland.
The family are looking for a chef who has both excellent restaurant and private experience. You will need a good knowledge of different international cuisines including Asian, Arabic, French and Italian. A discreet, well organised, flexible and dynamic chef who works well within a team is essential.
The regular number of people to cook for will be 7-10 however this may increase during Christmas and some weekends. There will be the occasion where you will need to organise food for up to 40 people. The client understands this is a large volume and will try to arrange some assistance for prep and cleaning from one of the cleaners. You will have prior notice of an event of this size and will be encouraged to carry out prep in good time for the event.
- Cooking lunch and dinner for 8 people and for large dinners up to 40 people
- Use healthy and seasonal products, healthy cuisine and at the same time gourmet
- Nice presentation of the plates
- Prepare the menus that will be validated by the family
- Inventory management
- Contact suppliers to deliver products or pick up products at the market
- Respect of hygiene and safety rules in the kitchen
- Cleaning the kitchen
- Driving licence
- Broad international cuisine knowledge
- Discrete and careful in the perming of all tasks
- Dynamic and flexible
- Excellent organisation in the kitchen
Salary & Benefits
- From December 2019 until the end of March, beginning of April 2020.
- Seasonal contract in Switzerland
- Salary 3500€ PCM. Family will pay the tax contribution but you will be responsible for paying your own insurance
- Work schedules 100% - Planning to be defined in collaboration with other employees.
- Accommodation in the same chalet.